Saturday, March 16, 2013

Gray day in the brown city...

Today it is cold and wet in Edinburgh.  We've had a mix of rain, sleet, and snow most of the day.  That didn't deter us from going out and wandering around a bit.  We had brunch at a French patisserie, walked through a few neighborhoods and then through Princes Street Gardens just below the castle rock.  After a while, though, we were cold and drenched so we came back to the hotel to take advantage of the 5 star amenities.  I didn't make any pics today...sorry. 

We are about to head back out for dinner and a little shopping.  I think we're also going to do one of Edinburgh's underground tours.  It seems like a good evening not to be above ground!  We have an early flight in the morning, so this will probably be the last post for a little while.  We're both flying back to Dublin.  From there Tanya will fly back to the states, and I will begin my solo tour of Europe.  I have a 7 hour layover in Dublin, so I'm going to leave my bag in an airport locker and head into town to catch the St. Patrick's Day parade.  St. Patrick's Day in the heart of Dublin...that should be an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment