Friday, March 22, 2013

last hour in Amsterdam...

 
I'm sitting in a cafe with wifi across from the Central Station in Amsterdam.  In just a little over an hour, my overnight train will pull out headed for Prague.  I'm excited, but also a little sad to be leaving Amsterdam.  I love it here.  A few more pics before I go....
 
 
 
 
This one was taken last night just as the sun was going down. 

This was taken this morning when the sun was bright on the canals.

These tulips are just starting to poke out of the ground at the Hermitage.  Yes, I finally made it!

This is one of the vendors that sells the raw herring that everyone here eats.  Of course I tried it!  Not my favorite.  It's not really raw, but also not cooked.  It's salted and frozen right when it's caught, then brought here to these vendors for sale. It' served with raw onions and pickles.     

I just loved these little alleyways/sidestreets. 

Here's another one.
 
 
And now I'm off to another country, the Czech Republic, and another currency to master.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment